Android is the most widely used mobile operating system worldwide which, due to its popularity, often becomes a target for malware. No matter what software you installed on your Android phone or tablet, you will be very prudent to do if you install an antivirus program or security application on your device. All of the following applications received five stars in the rating tables based on the results of antivirus software effectiveness tests.
Why do you need antivirus
If you just use a smartphone for calls, then the presence of antivirus is desirable. But if you:
- download applications
- use mobile internet
- make bank payments via smartphone
- you have accounted for electronic wallets, again on your smartphone
- install messengers
The presence of a good anti-virus is not even desirable, but necessary.
Top protective apps for Android
Based on the testing and analysis of various applications, the following applications have become the best hunters for malware and viruses.
- Mobile Security & Antivirus. This is a mobile antivirus with advanced features. The application is based on Avast antivirus. In the functional, there are options such as Anti-Theft and blocking unwanted SMS and messages. Scanning starts automatically or at the request of the user.
- Antivirus 360 Security and 360 Security Lite. This is an all-in-one program. The application protects the phone from intruders and spies, quickly identifies and eliminates viruses, and also scans the program. In addition, this antivirus can also clear the system of debris, improve performance and speed and optimize its functions.
- ESET Mobile Security. An application that provides effective, high-level protection, with the fight against phishing, malware, ransomware programs. Excellent technical support is always ready to help. The premium version provides access to options such as Anti-Theft, Call Filter, and protection of user applications.
- Clean Master. A useful and simple tool to keep your files and the smartphone itself in order. The application effectively blocks viruses, cleans the cache, deletes temporary files, determines the applications due to which the Android heats up.
- Kaspersky Internet Security. The application protects sensitive data and the smartphone system from malware. The application reliably eliminates malware and spyware. In addition, the premium allows the user to block unwanted calls and SMS, as well as to find the phone in case of theft.
- AVG AntiVirus Free. High-quality antivirus that protects your smartphone from theft, spyware, ransomware, etc. Additionally, the application helps to save battery power. Protection occurs in real time.
- Web Light and Dr.Web Security Space. Two versions of security applications that are designed to effectively protect your smartphone. Each version is designed to provide comprehensive protection. Dr.Web can even unlock your phone if it is blocked due to a virus. In addition, there are available basic options: protection, anti-theft, scanning.
- CM Security. Classic application to protect your smartphone. This is an antivirus and optimizer in one product. CM Security cleans the phone of garbage, cleans the cache, eliminates viruses, blocks unnecessary applications. The application also has multi-level protection. It ensures the smartphone clean and safe operation. In addition, this application has an anti-theft feature.
These were the most top mobile security apps. As you can see, these are mobile versions of the best antivirus Android. All are available for free use. On the other hand, if you purchase a subscription, the user becomes available such functions as an anti-theft, blacklist, and much more.